Motivational Enhancement Therapy (MET)
Motivational Enhancement Therapy (MET) is an approach to addiction counseling that motivates drug and alcohol abusers to stop using.
It begins with an assessment, followed by motivational sessions with a therapist to help the user engage with their own therapy.
In conjunction with Cognitive Behavioral Therapy and the Stages of Change, Inspire Malibu uses Motivational Enhancement Therapy (MET) which has been thoroughly researched in the field of substance misuse, and has proven itself as exceptionally effective at enhancing an individual’s motivation to make positive changes in their behavior.
MET – Commitment Not Confrontation
An effective treatment must help clients identify, describe, and address the personal meaning of their addiction. Unless clients understand what they are actually doing on a deep level, they will not be successful at treating their addiction. A responsible comprehensive treatment program takes all aspects into consideration for the ongoing health and well being of the client, and that’s what we do every day.
Whatever issues you’re dealing with when you come to Inspire Malibu, we will help you to identify and overcome them. Our commitment is to provide the highest level of individual care – we are here to make your life easier, healthier and happier.
We won’t label you or force you to do something that isn’t in your best interest or against your will. You didn’t come here for that. Instead, we will help you identify how you can overcome existing problems and motivate you to remove those problems from your life. Together we will commit to a better life for you.
How Does Motivational Enhancement Therapy Work?
- Individuals undergoing this therapy receive a thorough assessment and are paired with a therapist that they feel comfortable with. This is important so that they can work as a problem solving team.
- A MET therapist helps their client address and identify the underlying cause and meaning of their dependencies.
- Each session is focused on creating a solid foundation from which to create and meet the desired recovery goals.
- Individuals are never asked to accept any type of label, such as drug addict or alcoholic.
- Encouragement is a key aspect in this therapy so that a person comes to understand that they are capable of many positive things, including recovering from drugs and alcohol, as well as repairing damaged relationships.
Motivational Enhancement Therapy Empowers You
All of Inspire Malibu’s professional resources are available to you at all times. Motivational Enhancement Therapy is just one of the resources which helps bring your own ideas and beliefs into focus. MET is a client-friendly therapy that people actually find enjoyable.
It doesn’t take up a lot of time, and is particularly helpful to those who want to have more control over their lives and behavior. The reason it is called Motivation Enhancement Therapy is simply because it enhances, or improves, a person’s own motivation. MET empowers you. You will think more clearly, and make your own decisions with greater confidence and assurance.
For More Information Call Us at 800-444-1838