The Anatomy Of AddictionAs compelling as it is informative and authoritative, The Anatomy of Addiction will lead you to a better understanding about the causes, prevention, and treatment of addiction. It explains in layman’s terms what constitutes effective, evidence-based addiction medicine and how to find it. This book provides actionable, scientific information for addicts and their families and details how to avoid so-called rehab clinics that are at best useless and at worst dangerous and even life threatening.
ContentsIntroduction: The Invisible Epidemic That’s Killing Us
- Chapter 1. Addiction Is Preventable. Addiction Is Treatable.
- Chapter 2. The Ten Biggest Myths of Addiction
- Chapter 3. The Medical Illness of Addiction
- Chapter 4. The Medical Consequences of Addiction
- Chapter 5. The Process of Effective Treatment
- Chapter 6. Painless Detox
- Chapter 7. Maintenance and Relapse
- Chapter 8. Dual Diagnosis
- Chapter 9. Teens and Young Adults
- Chapter 10. Fetal Alcohol Syndrome: Real and Preventable