Sue Levy, CADC II- ICADC
Certified Alcohol and Drug Counselor
Internationally Certified Alcohol and Drug Counselor
Sue is a certified alcohol and drug counseling specialist, who facilitates a variety of coping skill groups including- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Dialectical Behavioral Therapy, Addiction Prevention Education, Motivational Enhancement, Relapse Prevention and SMART Recovery. She also provides clients with discharge planning resources and therapeutic counseling within her scope of practice.
After graduating with Academic Distinction from UCLA’s Drug and Alcohol Counseling Certificate Program in 2012, Sue joined Inspire Malibu and has been on staff ever since.
“My approach with clients is: 1. Don’t judge anyone. 2. Listen with compassion and empathy. 3. Help clients discover their own motivation to change and create relapse prevention strategies/plans which work for them. I sincerely love my job and continue to find this work challenging, fascinating and deeply gratifying.”
- BA, Communications, University of New Hampshire
- 16-year Conejo-Valley School District, CA volunteer- many leadership/teacher-aid/ volunteer positions
- Co-organizer of local TEDxConejo Conference (www.Tedxconejo.com)
- Married, with grown children
- Member of South Coast Masters Swim Team, specializing in distance events
- Cat whisperer
Find out more about our Addiction Specialists.
For More Information Call Us at 800-444-1838