Last Updated on May 27, 2016 by Inspire Malibu
Working on one’s self is such an important thing to do. You just need to take the time and put in the effort. These are some of the top books that touch on some aspect of dug or alcohol addiction and each one of them has tools that you can use as a reference to overcome substance abuse and live a healthy life.
2. Overcoming Your Alcohol or Drug Problem: Effective Recovery Strategies 2nd Edition – Dennis C. Daley, G. Alan Marlatt
3. Witness to the Fire: Creativity & the Veil of Addiction – Linda Schierse Leornard
4. In the Realm of Hungry Ghost: Close Encounters with Addiction – Gabor Mate, MD
6. The Globalization of Addiction: A Study in Poverty of the Spirit – Bruce K. Alexander
7. PATHWAYS from the Culture of Addiction to the Culture of Recovery – William L. White
8. ADDICTION & Grace: Love and Spirituality in the Healing of Addictions – Gerald G. May, M.D.
9. Stop the Chaos Workbook: How to Get Control of Your Life by Beating Alcohol and Drugs – Allen A. Tighe, M.S.
10. Trauma and Recovery; The aftermath of violence – from domestic abuse to political terror – Judith Herman, M.D.
11. Empowering Your Sober Self; The LifeRing Approach to Addiction Recovery – Martin Nicolaus
12. Sober for Good; New Solutions for Drinking Problems – Advice from Those Who Have Succeeded – Anne M. Fletcher
13. The Spirituality of Imperfection: Storytelling and the Search for Meaning – Ernest Kurtz and Katherine Ketcham
14. Rethinking Substance Abuse: What the Science Shows, and What We Should Do about it – William R. Miller and Kathleen M. Carroll, ed.
15. Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy in the Treatment of Addiction: A Treatment Planner for Clinicians – Christos Kouimtsidis, Martina Reynolds, Colin Drummond, Paul Davis and Nicholas Tarrier
16. Addictions and Trauma Recovery: Healing the Body, Mind & Spirit – Dusty Miller, Laurie Guidry
18. Double Duty: Dual Dynamics Within the Chemically Dependent Home – Claudia Black
19. Addiction to Perfection: The Still Unravished Bride – Marion Woodman
20. The Addictive Organization: Why We Overwork, Cover Up, Pick Up the Pieces – Anne Wilson Schaef, Diane Fassel
21. Essential Papers on Addiction – Daniel L. Yalisove, ed.
22. Changing for Good: A Revolutionary Six-Stage Program– Carlo C. Diclemente, PH.D
23. An Anatomy of Addiction: S. Freud, W. Halsted, and the Miracle Drug Cocaine – Howard Markel
24. America Anonymous: Eight Addicts in Search of a Life – Benoit Denizet-Lewis
25. Before it’s Too Late: Working with Substance Abuse in the Family – David C. Treadway, Ph.D.
Dr. Weyand studied Community Clinical Psychology at the baccalaureate and graduate level at California State University at Northridge where he graduated Magna Cum Laude. He proceeded in the study of Counseling Psychology at the Doctorate level at Calvary University and the University of Southern California (USC). For more information about Dr. Clinton Weyand click here.
You might also be interested in:
Inspire Malibu is the premier Non 12 Step, drug, alcohol, and detox treatment center in Malibu California led by board certified addiction specialist Dr. Matthew Torrington, MD. Our state-of-the-art treatment program combines the latest scientific research with proven, evidence-based therapies to address both alcohol and substance abuse successfully.
Inspire Malibu is Joint Commission (JCAHO) accredited and has been designated a Higher Level of Care from the Department of Health Care Services. We are also uniquely qualified to address dual diagnosis disorders.