JCAHO Accredited

Call Us 800-444-1838

“The Standard of Excellence in the Comprehensive Successful Treatment of Alcohol Addiction.”


Our Alcohol Addiction Treatment Center

Our alcohol addiction treatment centers in Agoura Hills and Malibu, California provide help for those with an alcohol use disorder. We offer alcoholism rehab treatment for people living near the areas of Calabasas, Woodland Hills, Thousand Oaks, Westlake Village, Sherman Oaks, Studio City, Oxnard, Ventura, Encino, Tarzana, and Santa Barbara.

Drawing on advanced scientifically-proven methods to treat the recovering addict and alcoholic, Inspire Malibu uses a customized Alcohol Detox Program that is unsurpassed in the addiction treatment field. Our non 12-step treatment approach to alcohol addiction incorporates effective research and successful techniques tailored to the individual’s current condition and brain chemistry.

Once clean and sober, we provide proven methods of relapse prevention and aftercare maintenance that are designed to address a client’s core issues and circumstances.

Inspire Malibu was founded by Dr. A.R. Mohammad, a pioneer of addiction medicine. He is board-certified in both Addiction Medicine and Psychiatry. Because of his vast knowledge and expertise, Inspire Malibu is uniquely qualified in the treatment of clients with dual diagnosis or co-occurring disorders. We integrate mental health and addiction treatment in a comprehensive program that addresses all aspects of a patient’s issues.



Inspire Malibu offers an advanced approach to addiction treatment once the alcohol detox program has achieved success. Our research has shown that by focusing on the root causes of an individual’s issues, we can effectively identify and address core patterns that have lead to self-destructive behaviors. Further, by achieving new awareness and offering powerful motivational techniques, we can empower clients to maintain healthy living strategies once they have left our facility and lead happier, more fulfilled lives.

Why Choose Inspire Malibu?

alcohol addiction

Alcohol Addiction Statistics

Alcoholism and Alcohol Addiction Treatment Many people may not know about the alarming numbers of individuals suffering from alcohol addiction or abuse in America today. In fact, approximately 4% of the U.S. population suffers from alcoholism, which translates to 12 million people.

Another 4% are alcohol abusers who are likely unaware of the dangers and risks they pose both to themselves and others if the condition is left unchecked. In each category, there exists alarming health and behavioral consequences.

What’s more, only 10% of alcoholics seek treatment while the remaining 90% often die prematurely.

There are many reasons for the small numbers of treated individuals, not the least of which is the specific fear of painful or fatal alcohol detox, along with the uncertainty of an alcohol detox program in general.

Addressing these fears while incorporating a wide array of non 12-step treatment modalities is what sets Inspire Malibu’s alcohol addiction program apart from others. We are proud to offer a safe environment for alcohol detox combined with over 27 different methods for addiction treatment that is customized and updated regularly as conditions warrant.

Innovative Treatment Modalities

Clinical: includes brain mapping, blood chemistry analysis, nutrition, neuropsychological testing and neurofeedback therapy (available for an extra fee unless covered by insurance)

Therapeutic: includes one-on-one counseling, psychiatry, individual psychotherapy, dialectical behavioral therapy, group therapy, cognitive-behavioral techniques, somatic therapy, music therapy, writing therapy, art therapy, meditation and motivational enhancement therapy

Situational: includes stress management, family therapy and marriage therapy

Educational: includes psycho-educational groups, after care planning, relapse prevention therapy and stages of change education

Physical: includes physical fitness, yoga, meditation, and massage therapy (for an extra fee).

State Licensed by Department of Health Care Services


  • Board-certified in Addiction Medicine by the American Board of Addiction Medicine
  • Board-certified in Psychiatry by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology
  • Named the Top Addiction Professional of the Year 2011 by Who’s Who in America
  • Patients Choice Physician Award Recipient in 2011
  • First physician in California to be licensed to use Suboxone for addiction treatment.


For More Information About Our Alcohol Addiction Treatment Center, Call Us Toll-Free at 800-444-1838.

Contact Us

  • We accept: Private Pay (check/ credit cards) and all PPO Out Of Network Insurances only. We do not accept Medicaid or Medi-Cal. We do offer financing options with 0% interest for 18 months.

Related Information