“The Standard of Excellence in the Comprehensive Successful Treatment of Addiction.”
Why People Choose Inspire Malibu
Our Differences Are Our Strengths
At Inspire Malibu, we are proud of the differences between our rehab treatment program and those of more traditional facilities. Group therapy meetings and 12 step programs do a lot of good for a lot of people. But they work better for after-care maintenance and relapse prevention than initial treatment.
That’s why, instead of going the 12-step route, we focus on methods that have been empirically proven to work for treating the initial stages of addiction, such as Medication-Assisted Therapy, Motivational Enhancement and Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Neurofeedback Treatment (available for an extra fee unless covered by insurance), and 1 on 1 counseling sessions.
We also offer group counseling sessions and relapse prevention programs like other recovery programs, but only after we’ve addressed some of the more effective therapies first.
No two clients are alike, and no two addictions the same, which is why we create a unique, individualized program for each one of our clients.
Evidence Based Treatment
Our modern approach to addiction treatment blends together a variety of the very “best practices” in substance abuse treatment today. Without addressing all the potential pitfalls of recovery, someone cannot stay on the safe road to recovery and therapy. We have an incredibly high staff to client ratio compared to other treatment facilities in the industry. We cannot express how important one on one therapy is during the recovery process. The cornerstone of our approach is each client must be treated as an individual.
Our Evidence Based Approach
What Makes Us Unique
At Inspire Malibu, we offer arguably the most comprehensive program in the country for treating alcohol and substance abuse, in addition to co-occurring disorders. Every recovery facility has unique strengths, but many are limited in the scope of their treatment capabilities.
Only about 10% of all treatment centers offer non 12 step rehab programs, and of those, only a small percentage have trained addiction doctors or psychiatrists on staff.
It’s also rare to find addiction centers that offer dual diagnosis expertise to treat co-occurring disorders of mental health issues and substance addiction combined. Many clients are turned away by good treatment centers because they only focus on addiction and not mental health issues as well.
Detox is another issue that is critical for some patients to overcome before beginning a recovery program. Proper detox must be managed by a trained doctor because it can be very uncomfortable and sometimes fatal. Without doctors on staff, many treatment centers send their clients to another facility to complete detox before they can begin treatment.
It is possible to have success in recovery by utilizing several different facilities, but we feel the best option is to offer everything at the same treatment center all under one roof. It is this comprehensive approach that makes Inspire Malibu truly unique in the addiction community.
In addition, we offer the following features and benefits:
- Research Proven, Evidence Based Treatment
- More 1 on 1 therapy sessions per week than traditional recovery programs
- High staff to client ratio – only 11 clients at a time
- Individualized treatment, not a “cookie cutter” approach
- Utilize Medication Assisted Therapy (MAT) when necessary
- Board certified doctors in addiction medicine & psychiatry
- Non-religious, non 12 step, no AA approach
- Private, secluded facility
- Clients are always treated with dignity, respect and compassion
- Inpatient and Outpatient treatment programs are available to best meet the needs of our clients
- Motivational Enhancement, Cognitive and Dialectical Behavior Therapies
Inspire Malibu is State Licensed by the Department of Health Care Services
- Board-certified in Addiction Medicine by the American Board of Addiction Medicine
- Board-certified in Psychiatry by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology
- Named the Top Addiction Professional of the Year 2011 by Who’s Who in America
- Patients Choice Physician Award Recipient in 2011
- First physician in California to be licensed to use Suboxone for addiction treatment.