Ambien Addiction Treatment Center
Ambien is a sleep medication which is highly abused because for many patients in therapeutic dosage and especially in higher dosage (20-30 pills/day) it loses selectivity only to sleep, inducing receptors and acts like benzodiazepine. Ambien Detox and Withdrawal can be very dangerous, so seeking professional help with Ambien treatment is highly recommended. Detox from Ambien can cause seizures, delirium, anxiety, insomnia and severe flu like symptoms.
Ambien Side Effects
- depressed mood, thoughts of hurting oneself
- unusual thoughts, risk-taking behavior, decreased inhibitions, no fear of danger
- anxiety, aggression, feeling restless or agitated
- hallucinations, confusion, loss of personality
Less serious Ambien side effects may include:
- daytime drowsiness, dizziness, weakness, feeling “drugged” or light-headed
- lack of coordination
- amnesia, forgetfulness
- vivid or abnormal dreams
- nausea, constipation
- stuffy nose
- sore throat
- headache, muscle pain
- blurred vision
This is not a complete list of side effects and other Ambien side effects may occur.
Contact Inspire Malibu to find out more about our Ambien detox and addiction and treatment center options.