Equine Therapy is the Use of Horses and a Fundamental Part of Treatment.
Equine Therapy is a valuable addition to a proven method of helping people deal with all manner of mental, emotional and behavioral issues.
You don’t have to know anything about horses to benefit from Equine Therapy. Inspire Malibu utilizes highly trained experts in the use of AAT (animal assisted therapy) to help clients resolve “unfinished business.” Emotional issues that they have not faced or dealt with for any number of reasons are successfully worked through and resolved when caring for, or interacting with a horse.
“Participants have reported signiﬁcant reductions in psychological symptoms and enhancements in psychological well being after undergoing treatment.”
– The Eﬀectiveness of Equine-Assisted Experiential Therapy: Results of an Open Clinical 2007
Therapeutic Benefits of Equine Therapy Include:
• Improve fine motor skills
• Improve standing equilibrium
• decrease depression
• Increase verbal interactions among group members
• Increase attention skills
• Develop leisure/recreation skills
• Increase self-esteem
• Reduce anxiety
• Reduce loneliness
• Improved willingness to be involved in a group activity
• Improved interactions with others
• Improved interactions with staff
Call us Toll-Free at 1-800-444-1838 to find out more about our Equine Therapy Programs.