Depression Treatment Center Treats All Forms of Depression
Depression is more than simply feeling sad or unhappy. Crying over the loss of a loved one, or being unhappy with one’s living situation or employment are normal responses to common situations. Depression, however, is a medical condition believed to result from a chemical imbalance in the brain. This imbalance causes a person to feel tragically overwhelmed and hopeless. The depression is not because of what is going on in their life, but because of what is going on chemically in their brain.
Proper Depression Treatment
Successful anti-depression therapy requires a chemically balanced brain. First, balance the brain chemistry, then begin therapy. Inspire Malibu’s clinical approach deals with first things first in a logical and effective manner, meeting each patient’s individual needs. Even people with the most severe form of depression can overcome the condition by taking the appropriate medication and supporting their newly balanced brain chemistry with the proven effective therapy provided by Inspire Malibu.
There are various forms of depression, and we treat them all
Major depression – you can’t work , sleep, study , eat or just about anything else. It is disabling and prevents you from being able to function normally. Treatment is immediately available at Inspire Malibu.
Dysthymic disorder, or dysthymia, is not completely disabling, but for periods of two years or more, you are so depressed that you don’t really function normally. Inspire Malibu can treat this condition right now.
Minor depression lasts two weeks or longer, but isn’t as severe as major depression. l criteria for major depression. People with minor depression are at high risk for developing major depressive disorder, especially if they also are using drugs and/or alcohol as a way of dealing with their depression.
Drugs, Alcohol and Depression Treatment
At Inspire Malibu we find many patients use alcohol and drugs as a way of dealing with depression, but doing so increases the chemical imbalance that may be causing the problem in the first place. If the patient has also developed the illness of addiction, then both illnesses must be treated . Inspire Malibu treats both conditions simultaneously and effectively.
Symptoms of Depression:
People with depressive illnesses do not all experience the same symptoms. The severity, frequency, and duration of symptoms vary depending on the individual and his or her particular illness.
Depression Signs and Symptoms Include:
- Recurrent Sad or Empty Feelings
- Feelings of Hopelessness or Helplessness
- Persistent Feelings of Guilt and Worthlessness
- Restlessness and Irritability
- Loss of interest in Pleasing Activities
- Increased Fatigue
- Loss of Sex Drive
- Decrease in Energy
- Insomnia and Trouble Sleeping
- Difficulty With Concentration and Remembering Important Facts
- Impaired Decision Making Capablities
- Binge Eating, Overeating
- Loss of Appetite
- Irregular Aches and Pains, Combined with Cramps, Headaches, and Abdominal Problems that Do Not Respond to Treatment
- Suicidal Tendencies
- Illnesses Combined with Depression – Inspire Malibu will uncover these illnesses during a thorough and comprehensive diagnosis before beginning treatment
- Inspire Malibu Successfully Treats Anxiety Disorders
- Anxiety disorders can include post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD), panic disorder, social phobia, and generalized anxiety disorder
- People who experience PTSD are often prone to co-existing depression
Call us Toll-Free at 1-800-444-1838 to find out more about our Depression Treatment Centers in California.